Issue Advocacy Fellowship
MOVE Texas Issue Advocacy Fellowship Job Description
Destined to make an impact in your community and across the state? Want to lead the movement to make Texas a stronger democracy? Well, we have the position for you! The MOVE Texas Fellowship provides the opportunity to build community leadership and field management skills, meet local elected officials, publish deep-dive research and writing on public policy issues you care about, and register thousands of young people at the same time. Immigration Fellowships are offered in Austin, Bexar, Hays/Guadalupe, and Webb County.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, manage, and execute citywide advocacy events like MOVE U: Know Your Rights, DACA renewal clinics, Paid Sick Time information sessions, and more
- Lead and mentor issue advocacy interns, training the next generation of advocates and organizers
- Teach young people about civic participation and why they need to have a voice in our democracy
- Build coalitions across the Lone Star State around issues that young people care about
- Learn directly from elected officials, community leaders, and public professionals and build a strong local political network
- Participate in real-time research at City Hall and the Texas Capitol to write on public policy issues that interest you
- Visit the Texas Capitol and Capitol Hill to lobby elected officials about your policy recommendations
- Gain in-depth knowledge about the following issues: immigration reform, criminal justice, voting rights, economic justice, LGBTQ+ rights, and more
- Work 20-25 paid hours per week, including some nights and weekends
- DREAMers, DACA recipients, and undocumented youth are highly encouraged to apply
What You’ll Get:
- Financial compensation for all of your hard work
- College-level credit (per your education institution’s requirements)
- First class field organizing experience – former MOVE Texas Fellows are running political campaigns, working for elected officials, managing nonprofit field teams, and interning in Washington, D.C.
- A first-hand understanding of the political process in Texas
- Bragging rights for changing the world!
Please complete the fellowship application on our website and email your resume and class schedule (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: MOVE Texas Issue Advocacy Fellowship.
Questions? Email our Leadership Manager, Alyssa Pope, at email@example.com