San Antonio Field Fellow
MOVE Texas Field Fellowship Job Description
Destined to be a future community leader? Want to lead the movement to make San Antonio a stronger democracy? Well, we have the position for you! The MOVE Texas Fellowship provides the opportunity to build community leadership and field management skills, meet local elected officials, publish deep-dive research and writing on public policy you care about, and register thousands of young people at the same time.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, manage, and execute the registration of thousands of voters in San Antonio on college campuses, at special events, and by field canvassing
- Lead citywide campus events like National Voter Registration Day and Parties at the Polls
- Teach young people about civic participation and why they need to have a voice in our democracy
- Build coalitions across the Alamo City around issues that young people care about
- Learn directly from elected officials, community leaders, and public professionals and build a strong local political network
- Research and write on public policy issues that interests you, publishing your work on our blog and social media pages
- Visit the Texas Capitol and lobby elected officials about your public policy recommendations
- Work 20-25 hours per week, including some nights and weekends
What You’ll Get:
- Financial compensation for all of your hard work
- College-level credit (per your education institution’s requirements)
- First class field organizing experience – former MOVE Fellows are running political campaigns, working for elected officials, managing nonprofit field teams, and interning in Washington, D.C.
- A first-hand understanding of the political process in San Antonio
- Bragging rights for changing the world!
What You’ll Need:
- A completed Fellowship Application
- A resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email our Leadership Manager, Raven Douglas, at email@example.com