San Antonio Immigration Fellowship
MOVE San Antonio Immigration Fellowship Job Description
Destined to make an impact in your community and across the state? Want to lead the movement to make San Antonio a stronger democracy? Well, we have the position for you! The MOVE San Antonio Fellowship provides the opportunity to build community leadership and field management skills, meet local elected officials, publish deep-dive research and writing on immigration and other public policy issues you care about, and register thousands of young people at the same time.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, manage, and execute the registration of thousands of voters in San Antonio on college campuses, at special events, and by field canvassing
- Lead citywide campus events like MOVE U: Immigration, DACA renewal clinics, and other events that benefit the immigrant community
- Teach young people about civic participation and why they need to have a voice in our democracy
- Build coalitions across the Alamo City around immigration reform and other issues that young people care about
- Learn directly from elected officials, community leaders, and public professionals and build a strong local political network
- Research and write on public policy issues that interests you, publishing your work on our blog and social media pages
- Visit the Texas Capitol and Capitol Hill to lobby elected officials about your immigration reform recommendations
- Work 20-25 hours per week, including some nights and weekends
- DREAMers,DACA recipients, and undocumented youth are highly encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Get:
- Financial compensation for all of your hard work
- College-level credit (per your education institution’s requirements)
- First class field organizing experience – former MOVE SA Fellows are running political campaigns, working for elected officials, managing nonprofit field teams, and interning in Washington, D.C.
- A first-hand understanding of the political process in San Antonio
- Bragging rights for changing the world!
What You’ll Need:
- A completed Fellowship Application
- A resume sent to email@example.com
Email our Leadership Manager, Raven Douglas, at firstname.lastname@example.org